Sunday, March 06, 2005

Asshole customers

Firstly, the customer is not always right. We simply allow him to believe he is always right, so he'll keep coming back and spending money in our store. Right after he leaves he is the topic of discussion for at least an hour, and we make fun of everything about him from his lousy hair-do to how he probably does in bed. Yep. We do. We have lousy jobs, it makes us happy. Throw us a bone.

So, this guy comes in. He was an asshole anyway the day he originally came in - the hoyty toyty type, where they assume I'm a moron, I know nothing about animals... when in reality I'm thinking the same thing about them, because 99.9% of the time, it's true. It was true this time too, but that's another story.

Our credit cards, were, of course, not working. The stupid assistant manager of the store left me hanging about what to do about customers, and made me run Asshole's card through about six times. It didn't work, duh, because our credit cards were down. Decline, decline, decline. I ask what to do, ass manager disappears (later he tells me to tell people we're not taking credit cards - a retard if ever i heard one (I ignored him)). So I get out the handy dandy piece of paper, write down the credit card number and expiration, total, have him sign it, write out a receipt, send him on his merry way.

A few days later, ass manager gets a call from the guy saying he was charged five times. Interesting, huh? I still don't see how that happens, when it gets declined six times. When I ran it through the next day, I did it once, and it went through. See, in the wonderful world of credit cards, when you get charged like that but have no authorization, it's called a ghost charge. It normally drops off in a few days. Like when you go to the gas station - they authorize your card for $50 regardless of whether you spend that much or not. And it drops off.

So ass man answers the phone, and I guess Asshole was pretty angry, as it was his debit card and all. Asshole wants his money back TODAY, he doesn't want to wait seven days or however long it is to reverse a charge. Ass man, being a dumbass, agrees. Hangs up. I give him the look. He doesn't understand why I give him the look. There is NO PLACE anywhere that will give you cash back if you've been overcharged. Especially when your $20 purchase was rung up apparently six times. Whatever. I force ass man to call someone important that knows something, because he is obviously a dumbass. Important Ass tells him they will personally call the bank and have it sorted out. After all, we don't know if he's being 100% truthful and they could be ghost charges blah blah blah. Ass man thinks the company is "mean" and it's "not right." I tell ass man to go suck a lemon.

The next day, guess who appears? Asshole, who was so eager for his money, waddled in a day after he reamed ass man. Began being extremely rude to the manager. Now, pardon me, but if someone comes in and starts being rude to me when I've done nothing to them (yet), well, that makes me become very much LESS helpful. There is a line in this world about how you can treat people that supposedly wronged you, and he definitely crossed it. He started accosting employees and asking them if they rang his credit card through repeatedly. He told the manager that this was credit card fraud and he was going to call the police in and have them arrest everyone (yeah right, the cops would smack him upside the head and go back to important crimincals). Manager was nervous and gave him a cash refund - which I think is a huge mistake. I hope he never comes in again though. I might have to run his card through five times again.

Boy, people are nasty. I hope if any of you go into a store you don't behave in a way that makes me want to bitchslap you. You're supposed to be adults. Of COURSE mistakes are made at retail stores in this day and age - we have people making $6 an hour, trying to raise a family on it, because we keep electing dumbasses and their children to the presidency, and they are DEPRESSED and feeling like SHIT because of their LOW POSITION in life, so OF COURSE they aren't going to pay 100% attention and mistakes will be made. Not that *we* made a mistake, I just was ranting. By the way, my employment doesn't even offer health insurance to full time employees! And I make as much as people that just started a few months ago. Isn't that nice? I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home